If you have symptoms of hives on the skin or respiratory problems, they may be a consequence of the presence of black mold in some corners of your house. However, even if you don’t have any symptoms, black mold can be present in your home and threaten your own health and that of your family.
Among all the types of mold that exist, the most damaging to the health of any member of your family is black mold. For this reason, it is crucial in the first place that you learn to identify it, that you know what the dangers and symptoms of having black mold are at home, and get down to work for mold remediation once and for all.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold or toxic black mold is the name that is commonly attributed to the Stachybotrys chartarum fungus, an extremely dangerous microorganism for humans since its spores can even penetrate the weakened immune system and also producing a series of symptoms that clearly show how health is deteriorating.
Toxic black mold can be identified when it has a greenish-black color and is regularly slimy, and this is because a moist surface forms on it. However, when it dries up due to losing its water supply, it tends to change its color. It begins to turn amber and look relatively dry and dusty rather than wet and slimy.
This type of mold regularly appears on both ceilings and walls when humidity levels are very high in a room or room of the house for a long time. However, it is also a typical fungus in hot environments or tropical climates.
Black mold does not grow as fast as most types of mold. This type of mold takes between 8 and 12 days to colonize the wall, ceiling, or walls with constant humidity. In addition, black mold to develop needs to be on a suitable material. Also, when other types of mold are nearby, it pushes them away and takes over your environment. That is why it is so important to remove moisture from interior walls immediately.
Now, toxic black mold is not the only type of mold that presents these characteristics. Therefore, it is always best to consult an expert who will evaluate it with a microscope and determine its toxicity. Even if it does not turn out to be that type of mold, it will surely become necessary to treat the affected ceilings or walls.
Call Ediss Mold Remediation at 877- 841-1665